Friday, June 1, 2012

Gary's Blog: Leaders in Ed Tech Field, Influence and Impact


Blog: Leaders in the Educational Technology Field, and How they influenced tech trends and impacted our classrooms, by Gary Feltman

Christopher Dede influenced ubiquitous computing, which is basically using mobile devices to gain and share information. I believe this is the future as many people around use mobile devices as part of their daily lives to communicate and organize information. This impacts me because I am doing my research project on students using their personal mobile devices to possibly enhance and extend their learning outside of the classroom.

The Tablet trend has definitely been influenced by Kathy Schrock. She has put together one of the most amazingly organized websites with resources on using iPads in the classroom. This impacts what I do in the classroom, because our district is moving forward with implementing iPads in the classroom, and this resource was and will continue to be helpful when implementing the Tablet trend.

Bernie Dodge created the Webquest, which we all have learned and implemented in our classrooms. This trend Bernie influenced is adaptive (or active learning). It affected my classroom because my students participated in a Webquest that I created. In addition to the one I created, there are many other webquests to find on the internet for many subjects. This trend allows the students to be involved in their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A+